30 Hours - 1 lab day and online training with case studies.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Students perform basic assessment skills, fundamental osteo/ Thai massage techniques and special tests.
- Students learn to take a medical history and determine the nature of the patient’s presenting clinical condition.
- Recognize the role and limitations of Thai yoga massage therapy in preventing injury, enhancing performance, and recovery from exercise and competition.
- Recognize the effects of Thai yoga massage therapy can have on athlete’s psychological state/sports performance.
- Identify root causes and areas of pain in muscles and connective tissue.
- Identify when an athlete should be referred to another health care professional.
- Assess client in order to develop treatment plan that will reduce pain, restore range of movement, and promote good condition.
- Explain treatment with athlete.
- Demonstrate exercises and stretches that will benefit athlete ex. pre and post event