Thai Yoga Massage on the Mat One
During the course, we explore the ‘northern energy model’ focusing on the effective delivery of massage techniques based on good body mechanics and how to achieve deeper releases with breath work.
40 Hours (2 3/4 Day Sessions, Plus Assignments)
- Indications and contraindications
- Body mechanics
- Transitions: supine, prone, side, and sitting
- Listening to the body
- Breath coaching
- Thai massage positions
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the principles and philosophy of Thai massage
- Recognize the indications and contraindications for treatment
- Effectively apply proper body mechanics to each massage position
- Safely and efficiently transition a client to various body positions
- Accurately apply pressure on the northern sen lines throughout the body
- Accurately listen to the body
- Safely apply various Thai massage techniques and postures to a client
- Effectively deliver a full Thai massage
- Effectively incorporate proper ‘breath work’ into the Thai massage practice
Starting Date: November 30 (3-8pm) – Dec 1 & 2 (9:30-5:00pm)/2018
To discover this ancient system of bodywork and to help integrate the body, mind and spirit and one that will enhance the repertoire.
Shawne is a licensed and registered massage therapist practicing in Alberta Canada. He has practiced massage for 22 years and has been teaching Thai Yoga massage for the last 15 years.
If you are a professional massage therapist, Thai Yoga Massage can serve as a complimentary set of tools that help further your practice. Many of our students are registered massage therapists.
If your career is focussed on wellness, Thai Yoga Massage can provide additional techniques for managing your clients well being. Many of our students are nutritionists, healers, and more.