On successful completion of the course and examination, students will be able to safely and effectively deliver a full Northern style Thai Yoga massage, using a combination of over 100 techniques on a mat.During the course, we explore the ‘northern energy model’ focusing on the effective delivery of massage techniques based on good body mechanics and how to achieve deeper releases with breath work.
The course also covers:
- Indications and contraindications
- Body mechanics
- Transitions: supine, prone, side, and sitting
- Listening to the body
- Breath coaching
- Thai massage positions
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the principles and philosophy of Thai massage
- Recognize the indications and contraindications for treatment
- Effectively apply proper body mechanics to each massage position
- Safely and efficiently transition a client to various body positions
- Accurately apply pressure on the northern sen lines throughout the body
- Effectively incorporate proper ‘breath work’ into the Thai massage practice
- Safely apply various Thai massage techniques and postures to a client
- Effectively deliver a full Thai massage for the massage mat
Start anytime. Includes an 18-page thumbnail massage manual, an online training app, and a 2-year subscription to the Thai Yoga Massage Guru network. It is approved by NHPC, CCOMTA, MTAA, CRMTA and THAI Take your Massage to the next level with this course.
In-person courses are not available at this time.
Shawne is a licensed and registered massage therapist practicing in Alberta Canada. He has practiced massage for 22 years and has been teaching Thai Yoga massage for the last 15 years.
If you are a professional massage therapist, Thai Yoga Massage can serve as a complimentary set of tools that help further your practice. Many of our students are registered massage therapists.
If your career is focussed on wellness, Thai Yoga Massage can provide additional techniques for managing your clients well being. Many of our students are nutritionists, healers, and more.